The NRM has made great strides in implementing what we promised five years ago. Among them are:
- Creating and maintaining the environment in which people have a say in national issues that directly affect them
- Professionalising and equipping both the army and the police to deal with the modern security threats of terrorism.
- Uganda is now secure and the situation will be maintained under the NRM leadership
- We have also contributed to peace and development in the region as part of our Pan-Africanist responsibility.
We will continue with our unwavering efforts to
- Consolidate the establishment of the rule of law Increase people’s participation
- Empower women and the youth
- Promote freedom of speech and worship
- Hold regular free and fair elections, and consolidate of equity